Friday, July 28, 2017

08/29/10 ON PERFECTION

08/29/10 ON PERFECTION

God's word says, "And being made perfect, He (Jesus) became the Author of eternal salvation to all them that obey Him" (Hebrews 5:9).


There is no salvation without obedience. Saving faith loves and obeys God.

Sinning religion damns the soul.

If we love Him, we obey Him.

PASSAGES...
John 14:15, 21, 23-24
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 15:10, 14
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

1 John 2:3-4
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 5:2-4
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Mark 3:35
35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Acts 6:7
7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

Romans 1:5
5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name;

Romans 2:6-13
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honor, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

2 Corinthians 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Galatians 3:1
1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

1 Peter 1:2
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 4:17
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

My source is, not to be confused with my "sources are," the Holy Bible. All of my references are taken from God's word.

You will notice that the list of verses above are taken from 9 different New Testament books (Hebrews, Mark, John, Acts, Romans, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, 2 Thessalonians and 1 Peter), written by 5 or 6 different writers. Also notice, I did not quote James, though I could have, along with a great number of other New Testament passages.

I do not quote other famous writers of the past or present. If they agree with these passages, then there is no need to quote them, if they disagree, then their counsel is damnable.

Blessed is he that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly (Ps. 1:1).

Notice also, I do not give a single verse that seems to espouse that which is contrary to the bulk of Biblical proclamation.

There is no salvation without obedience.
There is no obedience without faith.
There is no faith without grace.

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

We are saved by grace.
We are saved through faith.
We are saved to obey.

Jesus came to save us from our sins, not in our sins.