Monday, July 24, 2017

07/16/10 GYM TIME (ENCOURAGEMENT)

07/16/10 GYM TIME (ENCOURAGEMENT)

150 minutes of competitive Pball. One of my problems is that I am a cheerleader. I cheer people on in their game, even my opponents (unless it is actual competition). I say it is a problem because I spend a lot of energy encouraging other people, and it diverts my attention. BUT IT PAYS OFF for my teammates and others. People like/need to be cheered/ENCOURAGED. The church needs ENCOURAGERS.

Often times, when I attend a very subdued and even lackluster event, I will become excited about the game and the players. Before you know it, other people are cheering and laughing and having a good time.

When I play fun games, I play to win, but not at all cost, because sometimes winning a game is not the important thing. However, I am very vocal and demonstrative (which turns some people off). My enthusiasm becomes contagious and a ho-hum game becomes and event. Sometimes I even see negative people start to enter into the fun time.

The church has enough whiners and cry babies and enough people who are discouraged and suffering defeat. The church does not need another wet blanket. It needs ENCOURAGERS.

It takes energy, time and self denial to be a cheerleader, an encourager. Be concerned, be sincere. It will pay off in someone's life; in fact it will pay off in your own life.

Our true competitor is Satan, and we must play to win at all cost. He not only depresses people, he oppresses people. We need to have enough victory in our own lives that we can share it with other believers. Let the joy of your own experience overflow into another person's life.