Monday, July 24, 2017

07/18/10 A PLACE TO STAND...

07/18/10 A PLACE TO STAND...
(from a NOTE I had published earlier)


I mentioned in a NOTE recently that Archimedes said he could move the earth if he had a lever long enough and a place to stand. I said that I (as pastor) can move the earth if I have a lever long enough and a place to stand. I contend that we have a place to stand (see comment below), but we lack the lever, the manpower (Ez. 22:30). God calls people to service, but very few hear or heed His call.

A PLACE TO STAND...
We stand in grace (Ro. 5:2; 1 Pe. 5:10-12).
We stand in the gospel (1 Co. 15:1).
We stand in faith (1 Co. 16:13; 2 Co. 1:24;
We stand in spiritual liberty (Ga. 5:1)
We stand in victory (Ep.6:11-14).
We stand in one Spirit, with one mind (Ph. 1:27).
We stand in the Lord (Ph. 4:1; 1 Th. 3:8).
We stand in all the will of God, perfect and complete (Co 4:12).
We stand in the revelation of God (2 Th. 2:15).

1 Peter 5:10-12
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you.
11 To him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
12 By Silvanus, a faithful brother unto you, as I suppose, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.

Romans 5:2
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 15:1
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 16:13
13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

2 Corinthians 1:24
24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

Galatians 5:1
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Ephesians 6:11-14
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Philippians 1:27
27 Only let your conversation be as it becomes the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Philippians 4:1
1 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

Colossians 4:12
Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, salutes you, always laboring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

1 Thessalonians 3:8
8 For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord.

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

DLG note... "traditions" are the truths of God, handed down from the fathers.

1 Peter 5:10-12
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you.
11 To him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
12 By Silvanus, a faithful brother unto you, as I suppose, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.

WE LACK THE LEVER...
Ezekiel 22:30

30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.