Tuesday, July 25, 2017

07/18/10 GOD'S ETERNAL GLORY

07/18/10 A.M. SERVICE GOD'S ETERNAL GLORY
Various thoughts shared with the children, from 3 to 7 years of age.

THE LIGHT OF GOD...
When speaking about God calling us to His eternal glory I explained glory as light.
I said that God lives in glory and then asked them if God lives in light or darkness. They all agreed that God lives in Light.
I asked if God had light or darkness inside of Him. They all agreed that God has Light inside of Him.
I asked if light was good or bad. They all agreed that light is good.

CHOOSE LIGHT OR DARKNESS...
I pointed out that they can either have light or darkness in themselves, depending on whether they live in loving obedience to God (which is the same as living by faith).
I asked if being ugly to mommy and daddy and brother and sister was light or darkness.
They all agreed it was darkness.

ETERNAL LIGHT AND ETERNAL DARKNESS...
I told them that those who live for Jesus will go to eternal (forever) light and those who live in sin go to eternal (forever) darkness.
I asked them if they would rather go to light or darkness.
They all agreed they wanted to go to light.

EVERYONE SUFFERS... EXPLAINED SUFFERING...
I told them that everyone suffers, even those who love God.
They asked what “suffering” is.
I told them suffering is when we go through bad things.
Some suffering is because we have sinned.
Some suffering is because we have done the right thing.
Bad people make us suffer.
Sickness and death can make us suffer.
God helps Christians go through suffering.
Suffering sometimes makes us better people.

EXPLAINED BEING “PERFECTED”...
God perfects us through suffering.
They asked what “perfect” is.
I explained that a new toy comes out of the package perfect.
A toy that gets broken is not perfect.
God wants us to be perfect (whole), but we are broken.
God will make us perfect (whole) if we give Him our lives.

I addressed the adults concerning the Biblical issue of being  ESTABLISHED, STRENGTHENED and SETTLED.

I pointed out that the God of all grace sees us through out suffering in order to perfect, establish, strengthen and settle us in the faith
, and this is the true grace in which we stand.