Friday, July 28, 2017

08/18/10 LESSONS FROM SPORTS - WINNING

08/18/10 LESSONS FROM SPORTS - WINNING

After watching me "slay" several opponents, a friend asked, "Is winning the most important thing?" Quickly I said, "it depends on the game." 

When I play a game, I play to win and to have a good time. If it is an actual competition I play to win, for myself,my team and my supporters.

Sometimes people violate moral principles and relationships in order to win a game, when in fact moral principles and relationships are more important. The only time winning is the most important thing is when we are "playing" against sin and Satan. In that situation we must give it our best effort and it does not require us to compromise morals and it does not make us guilty of breaking relationships.

Paul gave us a Lesson from sports in
1 Corinthians 9:24-25
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.
25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown.