Tuesday, July 25, 2017

07/21/10 SENIOR MEETING MESSAGE... EXPENDABLE and IRREPLACEABLE.

07/21/10 SENIOR MEETING MESSAGE...
EXPENDABLE and IRREPLACEABLE.

PERSONAL WORD...
I came down with West Nile Virus several years ago. WNV is similar to Yellow Fever, with different levels of affliction; flu like, encephalitis, meningitis, crippling and death. I had a severe case, but it could have been worse. I suffered vision loss, nerve damage, muscle damage, radical chills and fevers and I almost died.

Though I did not want to leave my wife, I knew God was her Provider and Protector. I realize I AM EXPENDABLE. If I am gone my children will care for Martha, but most of all, I know God will take care of Martha. Still, I did not want to leave her, because I love her and wanted to be there for her.

EVERYONE EXPENDABLE...

Even the GIANTS OF LIFE are expendable.
I am glad for the accomplishments of men like...
Gutenberg and his printing press;
Wright Brothers and their airplane;
Lindbergh and his solo flight over the Atlantic.

But if these men had not done these things, there were others who would have done them. There is always a race to reach the next step in technology and development. Even the GIANTS are expendable.

In fact, when this life is totally gone, and when this world is burned beyond a crisp, all of man's accomplishments will be forgotten. Thousands of years of invention and exceptionalism will be worth nothing. All of man's greatness will be for nothing. The only thing that keeps my Existence from being Superfluous is because God has Designed and Assigned me to be in a right relationship with Him, according to His plan.

WE ARE OF ETERNAL VALUE...
We are all EXPENDABLE, however, we are not without value.

As you can see, God allowed me to live. I have enjoyed being with my wife, children, grandchildren, congregation and sharing Christ with others for several more years.

THE SECRET to Value, Worth, Usefulness, Importance is to be part of God's salvation and live your life according to His plan.

SCRIPTURE SAYS...
Psalm 127:1 says, Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain who build it...

BEING THE HOUSE (LIFE) THAT GOD BUILDS...
To build a house, a life, an existence, a world, aside from God's design and approval is to spend our lives in vain. But to build our house, life, existence according to God's plan is to invest in eternity.

Though we are Expendable, our lives are not worthless, because God has Designed and Assigned us to fulfill His plan.
Followers of Christ are uniquely fitted for God's plan. There are things God has planned for us to do, and no one else can do those things.
We are expendable but we are also irreplaceable.

To the extent that I work together with God in accomplishing His will, I AM IRREPLACEABLE. When I am gone, this world will continue. But when I am gone, no one else can do what God designed and assigned me to do. No one else will have the same talents, family, friends and opportunities that I have. I am unique. You are unique. God has a plan for you that no one else can fulfill.
We are expendable but we are also irreplaceable.

God is the
Great Architect,
Builder,
Supplier,
Inspector and
Owner of our lives.

Unless the Lord design, build, supply, inspect and rule my life, my life is in vain.

An old saying is,
Only one life,
'Twill soon be passed.
Only what's done,
For Christ will last.

You and I are Expendable, but a life lived for Christ is Irreplaceable.

Remember Jesus said...
The wise man built his house on the rock. When the rains fell and the floods rose the house on the rock stood firm.
The foolish man built his house on the sand. When the rains fell and the floods rose, the house on the sand fell.

We are expendable, but the life built on the Lord Jesus Christ is eternal and it is irreplaceable.
Make your life count.
Make your remaining days of great value.
Build your life on Christ.
Spend your life for Christ.
Share Christ with those around you, because they need Jesus too.