Tuesday, August 22, 2017

12/31/10 My New Years Tract for the Boulevard

12/31/10 My New Years Tract for the Boulevard

I have written a new tract, to be handed out on my street ministry on the Boulevard. This will primarily go to workers in the Resort Industry, but it is generic enough for anyone.

I want to get several of these distributed in the next several days, setting up more ops with people I meet on the street.

This is a folded 4x6 white blank card with black ink.

I boldfaced some sections. It is an attractive tract. I addressed health, family and work as well as spiritual needs in the next year, with the focus on spiritual needs. I mark the pages for you in this comment.

Those who work in maintenance, food and housekeeping services often catch buses along the Boulevard. Sometimes I try to schedule around those times.

(front page)
AIMING FOR HEAVEN
IN 2011

When you get a little time, I hope you read this. It is my way of wishing you
Happy New Year.
HELLO
Hi, my name is David, I am a pastor in Myrtle Beach and a Chaplain along the Boulevard. I hand out tracts, talk to people and pray for folks who are interested, because I want everyone to live life to the fullest and I want us all to make heaven our home. I am wishing the best for you in 2011. I hope you enjoy success in your health, your family, your career and most of all, in your relationship with God. I am not asking for anything, in fact, I just want to encourage you to live closer to God this year than you ever have in the past. I include a few daily reminders.

(page 2)
ADJUSTING OUR FOCUS
We're all so busy these days and have so many responsibilities with finances, family and work that most people don't invest enough time in their relationship with God. That is too bad, because He has invested so much in each of us and because we are going to spend eternity somewhere, based on the relationship we have had with God in this world.
SUCCESS IS NO ACCIDENT
Most people hope that success will just fall into their laps, but the fact is, our own choices and actions help determine how successful we are.
HEALTH
We cannot always determine the quality of health that we have but we can make choices that contribute to good health (diet, sleep, exercise, activities, habits).

(page 3)
RELATIONSHIPS
We cannot make others do the right thing, but we can contribute to a good relationship with a family member, friend or co-worker by being honest, forgiving, considerate and self denying.
VOCATION
While some people are workaholics, too many others are not dedicated enough to being successful in the workplace. Set goals and pursue them; be thankful for your job; respect others; be committed to the standards and success of your company; don't meddle in other people's lives and don't be a complainer.
SPIRITUAL
It is easy to focus on the present life while neglecting God and our own soul, but remember, the soul is eternal and the present life is only a vapor. The present life is an investment in eternity.

(back page)
ONLY CHRIST DIED FOR YOUR
SINS AND ROSE PHYSICALLY
DAILY DOs AND DON'Ts *

Follow Christ fully: Don't play games.
Seek God by reading The Holy Bible and praying: Don't neglect time with God, He is your life (breath, food, drink, strength, light).
Find and fellowship with others who follow Christ and the Bible: Don't be a lone wolf or hang with bad company.
Love God and your neighbor completely: Don't be self centered.
Be cleansed from all sin: Don't hold to secret sins.
Avoid all appearance of evil: Don't be careless.
Confess Christ to others: Don't hide your faith.
* These thoughts come from the Bible.
Pastor David L. Gould Phone xxxxxxxxxx