Wednesday, August 16, 2017

10/14/10 (new tract) THE CROSS TO ME

10/14/10 (new tract) THE CROSS TO ME

I wrote a new tract last week and started handing it out this week. I will print it below. It is self explanatory. I use these to share with people "on the fly" and also acquaintances, to share Christ and open doors. They can read at own pace, at home. I include contact info for hopeful follow up. It is a 4x6, folded, unlined note card. I hope you it blesses you.

This was written for my Pickleball friends (and other gym members). I use various ops to share the gospel. Remember, this is formatted much nicer than this comment box shows. I have included (page) numbers in this comment, for clarification.

(page 1)
THE CROSS TO ME

I heard our friend Janie ask someone a question recently, and it caused me to write this little booklet.

First, let me say something about Janie. She is a very good Pickle Ball player and she enjoys playing the game. She is willing to learn and she gives it her best effort. We have all watched her game improve.

But more importantly, she is a nice person. I remember one time when she thought she had been curt with someone else, she apologized. That impressed me. Talking with Janie reveals that she is in a living and loving relationship with Jesus Christ. She has not only accepted His forgiveness of her sins,

(page 2)
and eternal life, she yields her life to Him, as her Lord.

This brings me to the question she asked someone. She saw a person wearing a shirt that had a cross on it and she asked if the cross meant anything to that person. The person said, “Yes.” Janie responded, “Whenever I see someone wearing a cross I like to ask them this question.”

That was all there was to the conversation. However, I know Janie would have been more than glad to tell what the cross means to her.

But it caused me to think, “How could I answer that question, in a short, yet pointed way?” This is my feeble attempt. I hope it blesses you.

(page 3)
The cross is a popular image used in fashion and jewelry as well as religious symbolism. Many people wear the image of the cross without any thought concerning its history and significance.

The cross for me is more than a symbol. It is the place where Jesus Christ gave His life as a sacrifice for me. My sins (rebellion to God) had separated me from a personal, living and loving relationship with God. In order to restore me, Jesus gave His life on the cross. Jesus did not deserve to die, but He was willing to die so that I might live. We see people sacrifice their lives for others all the time; soldiers, parents, law enforcement, fire fighters. Jesus sacrificed Himself for me, and everyone else. But the cross was just the beginning.

(page 4)
The cross was the path to the empty tomb. Jesus did not just die, He died so that He could conquer death. He did not conquer death for Himself, He conquered death for all who will trust Him with their lives. God does not force Himself or His rule on anyone. But whoever believes in Christ's death on the cross and in His resurrection will be rescued from spiritual death and eternal separation from God.

The cross is where He died for me, but also where I unite with Him. I take up my cross daily and walk in the power of His resurrection. The cross means death to sin but life with Him.

For more information, contact: