Friday, August 18, 2017

11/03/10 SENIORS MEETING... Biblical Election and IT IS TUESDAY.

11/03/10 SENIORS MEETING... Biblical Election and IT IS TUESDAY.

Satan seeks to take us to hell, because he hates God and God loves the human family.

God sacrificed His Son on the battlefield of life to provide us with eternal life.

We have a choice. God calls (invites) many, but elects (chooses) those who believe on Christ.

I told them to make their calling and election sure.
I told them to trust and keep trusting Christ (2 Pe.1:10).

THOUGHTS...
MY FRIENDS AT THE GYM...
I told my senior friends that some of my playmates are also seniors; as old as 86.
I told them how I love my Crabtree friends and enjoy being with them.
I also told them that I want to be a good witness to all of my friends, by the attitude I show, the words I speak and the life I live, because I want them to see Jesus in me.
I want my Christian friends at the gym to be encouraged and I want my unsaved friends to accept Christ.
One day I will go into the gym and someone will be missing, because they have died.
I don't want to lose them for eternity.
Christ loves them and so do I.

MY FRIENDS AT THE MANSION...
I also told them that I really enjoy coming to see them.
We laugh, sing, pray and have a good time together.
But one day I may come to meeting and one of them might not be there because they have passed away.
I will miss them, but we do not have to be separated for eternity.
We can all make our election sure by keeping our faith in Christ.
Now is the time to prepare for our final journey.
I told them I want to spend eternity with them and my gym friends, and the only way we can do this is for us all to trust in Christ.

They are very kind and tell me how much the appreciate me, and for that I am thankful. I asked one man how he was doing and he said, “It is Tuesday, so I am doing very well.” I am glad I can bring joy on my Tuesdays with them. I hope I am preparing them for an eternity of joy.

PASSAGE...
2 Peter 1:10-11
(10) Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
(11) For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Thanks to Bill and Lydia for coming out and bringing the children. Everyone benefits.