Tuesday, January 5, 2016

1/25/10 SIN KILLS BUT JESUS GIVES US LIFE.

SIN KILLS BUT JESUS GIVES US LIFE. 
(an interactive, dialogue message with the children)


This post is longer than my others, so y'all might not be interested. However, some might find it interesting. This is an overview of a our recent Sunday PM service. The whole service is spoken on a child's level.

Putting the message of Christ on a child's level is not meant as a novelty. I am truly interested in reaching children for Christ and building them up in the faith. I believe God wants children to have mature faith, and that only happens with a sound presentation of the the gospel.
For those who take the time to look at it, I hope you receive a blessing.

INTRODUCTION
* I did a dialogue message, interacting with the little children (3-5 yr. old).
* I preach the whole message on a level that the children understand.
* I try to communicate concepts that are challenging to the adults, but are understandable to the children.
* I do not water down the message, I adapt the vocabulary.
* I teach a few thoughts and then I ask questions, waiting for the children to answer.
* Eventually the children are anticipating the next thought and they share their own thoughts and questions.
* Some of the questions are very profound.
* In the following overview I only mention a few of the questions and comments they made.


OUTLINE
Four passages from Ephesians.
#1 Trespasses bring death.
#2 Christ brings us LIFE.
#3a Sin blinds us, but God gives us LIGHT.
#3b Sin makes us ALIENS to God, but Christ accepts us into the family
#3c God calls us to WALK with Him.
#4 Christ gives us LIGHT and LIFE. 

#1 Trespasses bring death.
EPHESIANS 2:1

1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins.

Trespass Means...
Those who trespass the law of God are punished.
* I asked them if they knew what TRESPASS means. They said NO and I explained.
* Trespassing is going where we are not supposed to go.

If you are not allowed to go into the neighbors yard, and you go anyway, it is trespassing.
* Going where you do not belong can be dangerous.
* The yard may have fire ants. The yard may have dog mess. The yard may have “yard medicine.”
* If you trespass you might get hurt by the ants, or get nasty in the dog mess, or the “yard medicine” might make you sick or burn your eyes.
* The children made comments concerning the ants and the dog mess.
* One of them asked what the “yard medicine” would do. I explained it could be to kill bugs, like fire ants or it could be to help the grass grow.
* But if this medicine gets on their eyes it could burn them or it could make them very sick.
* I pointed out that you cannot see some dangers. Dangers can be unnoticeable, like water, but can still hurt us.
* We need to be very careful.

When they are in the front yard, they are told not to go into the street.
* I asked them why they should not go in the street. They explained that they might get hit by a car.
* I pointed out that there are many ways to get hurt or even die by trespassing.

I explained that Trespassing God's law is even more terrible and dangerous.
* God sets up limits, boundaries for our safety, and crossing those lines is dangerous.
TRESPASSING IS VERY DANGEROUS.

#2 Christ brings us LIFE.
EPHESIANS 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by (grace ye are saved;)

God loves us so much that He does not want us to be separated from Him through death.
Jesus has the power of life. Jesus died and rose from the tomb.

I asked if Jesus sinned or trespassed; they said, NO.
I asked where Jesus died; they said on the cross.
I asked Who has the power of life? They said Jesus/God.
I asked if Satan has the power of life, they said, NO.

I asked if they know what a TOMB is, and they said NO.
I explained what a tomb is.
A cave with the “doorway” covered.
I told them when Jesus died He was put in a tomb.
I asked if Jesus stayed in the tomb, and they said, NO.
I asked if Jesus stayed dead, and they said, NO.

I told them to think about a pet dying.
Imagine a gold fish or doggy or kitty that you love, but it dies. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to make the fish, doggy or kitty come back to life?
I asked them if they could make the pet come back to life, they said NO.
I explained that we do not have the power of life.
I asked them who has the power of life, and they said God/Jesus.

I pointed out that Jesus loves us so much He will save us from death and separation from God.
I asked if mommy or daddy has the power of life, they said NO.
I asked Who has the power of life, the said, Jesus/God.
TRESPASSING KILLS US, AND WE WERE DEAD IN SINS BUT GOD HAS MADE US ALIVE WITH CHRIST.

#3a 
Sin blinds us, but God gives us LIGHT.
EPHESIANS 4:17-18

17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

If we act like people who do not know God, WE WILL NOT BE smart.
People who do not know God have minds that are darkened like the night.
SIN MAKES YOU STUPID.

People who do not know God are blind to God.
I had the children close their eyes and asked them if they could see, they said NO.
I told them sin makes us blind to God and can leave us in a dark night, alone.
SIN MAKES YOU BLIND.

#3b 
Sin makes us ALIENS to God, but Christ accepts us into the family.
I asked them if they know what an ALIEN is. They said a person from another world.
I pointed out that we do not know if there are any aliens on other worlds.
I pointed out that a person from another country is also called an alien.
SIN MAKES YOU A STRANGER TO GOD.

Those who trespass God's laws are aliens to God.
One of them asked if knowing God meant we are aliens to Satan, I said yes.

#3c 
 God calls us to WALK with Him.
I pointed out that God wants us to WALK with Him.
I asked them to imagine God taking us into the forest, to see the birds, rabbits, squirrels and deer.
When we run ahead of Him, we can get so far away that we cannot hear God when He calls us.
If we wander off to the side or lag behind, we can get separated from God, and not hear Him when He calls us.
If we get separated we could end up alone in the forest, at night.
We will not see the birds, rabbits, squirrels or deer. We will be in the dark, with the wolves, coyotes and mountain lions.

Walking with God means staying close to Him at all times.
He will keep us safe from the night and the dangers of the dark.
If we walk with God, we will never be alone.
WALK WITH GOD TO BE SAFE AND NEVER BE ALONE OR IN THE DARK.

#4 
 Christ gives us LIGHT and LIFE.
EPHESIANS 5:14

14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleeps, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

I told them that God gives Light and Life to those who follow Him.
GOD LEADS US THROUGH LIFE.

They asked How God leads us.
I asked them what their inside man is called, they said, Their Heart.
I said God talks to us in our heart. We must listen carefully to God.
We must not listen to the voices that tell us to be ugly and to do bad things.
Sometimes the Devil tries to get us to do things that are wrong, but they don't seem wrong.
The Devil does not always come as a Darth Vader type bad man.
Sometimes the Devil comes to us as an ANGEL OF LIGHT.
If we do not know God really well, we can be fooled by Satan.
DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE DEVIL.

I also told them that they needed to always listen to God.
I held up my Blackberry, so they could see the lighted screen.
I asked them if it was on or off? They said, ON.
I asked them if I could get calls, messages and mail when it is on. They said, YES.
I turned it off and showed them the screen as it darkened.
I asked them to tell me when it was off. They told me.
I asked them if I could get calls or messages with my phone off? They said, NO.

I pointed out that they have an INVISIBLE PHONE.
God talks to them and messages them in the invisible phone of their heart.
I asked them if they could get messages or calls from God if they turn off their invisible phones, they said, NO.
I talked about keeping our phone line open with God.
IF WE STAY IN TOUCH WITH GOD, HE WILL GIVE US LIGHT AND LIFE.