Thursday, January 14, 2016

2/22/10 FAITHFUL OUT OF SEASON

FAITHFUL OUT OF SEASON
I reared back and loudly guffawed in feigned hilarity when a supervisor on a work-site tried to shock me by slyly slipping an unexpected and obscene ending to a seemingly innocent story.
Instead he was shocked when I bellowed THAT'S AS FUNNY AS HELL.
Suddenly I ended my mock response and gravely said, AND HELL AIN'T FUNNY.
I left him thinking.

From that point on he treated me with greater respect and chose not to use his gutter language in my presence. In fact, he and I had a serious talk about his failed relationship with Christ and I told him he needed to repent and give his life to Christ.

I could have ASSUMED that God would reach him, but the fact is God sent me to do that, because that is the job He gave me to do.
I can't save anyone, because that is God's job, but I can, I must, be His instrument, because there is no promise that He will save anyone aside from our lifting up Christ.
I chose to obey God, the supervisor is making his own choice.

2 Timothy 4:1-5
(1)  I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
(2)  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
(3)  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
(4)  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
(5)  But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

We Preach Faith In Christ So Sinners Will Hear, Believe, Call, Obey And Be Saved
ROMANS 10:13-17
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

God Reconciles Through Christ; We Beseech Sinners In Christ's Stead
2 CORINTHIANS 5:18-20

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us; we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

We Hold The Keys To The Kingdom
1 CORINTHIANS 15:34

34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

We Are Sent To Evangelize The World
MATTHEW 28:19-20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

We Should Preach Repentance And Remission Of Sins And Bear Witness To Salvation
LUKE 24:46-48

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Our Lifting Up Jesus Draws Sinners and Gives Them Faith
JOHN 3:14-15

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Product Of Sinning Religion
By the way, the supervisor had been misled to believe that he was secure because God wouldn't let him be lost. And Another One Bites The Dust.