Sunday, December 27, 2015

1/4/10 SOMETHING I WROTE

SOMETHING I WROTE
I wrote a little poem several years ago, addressing the problem of a changing culture. Let me share it with you.

The Old Road to Success
by David L. Gould

They say there were no "good old days",
And some folks think it's true,
But I was there, I'm glad to say,
I wished you'd been there too.

Little children played in parks,
Free from the fear of thugs,
And pedophiles, and maniacs,
And guns and aids and drugs.

In school we learned to read and write,
To work hard and play fair.
We showed respect to all adults,
But now these things are rare.

Yes Sir, no Ma'm, thank you and please,
Be honest throughout life.
Obey God, go to church,
Be faithful to your wife.

The road which leads us to success,
Is still the same today.
But failure is the destiny,
For those who turn away.