Saturday, December 26, 2015

1/1/10 WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF...

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF...
About three decades ago I heard a phrase that echoed my own view of the Obedient Faith Life; What Would You Do For Jesus If You Knew You Couldn't Fail? I have had many disappointments and setbacks, but I still want to take another mountain. Paul wrote, "Be not weary in well doing, for in due season you shall reap if you faint not" (Ga. 6:9).
Someone else said, keep on keeping on.
Still, it is not me, but Christ in me (Co. 1:27),
Who Works In Me To Will And Do His Good Pleasure (Ph 2:13),
Who Always Causes Me To Triumph (2 Co. 2:14).

DISAPPOINTMENTS AND REGRETS...
Disappointments are caused by others. In an earlier update I said,

IF our disappointments result from other peoples negative actions and IF our regrets result from our own negative actions...

THEN we should LIVE lives that limit our own regrets and Live lives that limit other peoples disappointments.

WE may suffer many disappointments, but WE do not have to suffer many regrets.

In 2010 I do not want to be the cause of anyone's disappointments or the cause of my own regrets.